Exit intent popups are our bread and butter.
Currently, approximately 80% of all MaxTraffic campaigns use Exit Intent technology. The variety of campaigns that are possible with Exit Intent technology sometimes confuses our customers; that is why we have gathered 13 simple but surprisingly effective exit popup examples.
What we have learned together with our customers will definitely come in handy to create the perfect exit intent popup.
For easier navigation here’s the table of contents:
1.0. Exit popups that drive instant sales
The idea behind this technique is to offer the customer unexpected trigger that would make saying NO close to impossible.
How to avoid site abandonment
To avoid site abandonment try using exit intent popups.
Down bellow you can find exit popup examples that will engage the bouncers.
1. Offer an immediate discount or coupon
This is probably the most popular way to secure a last-second purchase with an exit popup.
- Target ads at: First-time visitors, paid traffic
- Place on: Site-wide, landing pages, pricing or sign-up pages, product pages
2. Time-based discount
This is another great tactic, but you must be careful with how often you employ it. If you serve this offer on too many pages or put it in front of too broad a user segment, you risk losing credibility with your customers.
- Target ads at: First-time visitors only
- Place on: Landing pages, pricing or sign-up pages
3. Promote top offers or special deals
This tactic is especially helpful when you have a “must-see” product that you want to show off to your visitors.
- Target ads at: Returning visitors who did not make a previous purchase, first-time visitors
- Place on: Site-wide, landing pages, product pages
How to avoid cart abandonment
67.45% of the shoppers abandon their shopping carts. If this is not big enough reason to fight this issue – I don’t know what is. Here are the exit intent popup examples to save the abandoned carts.
4. Notification about a product in the cart
This is a very simple approach – reminding site abandoners that they’ve left items behind in their cart. This may not always generate earth-shattering results, but it’s definitely something to try.
- Target ads at: Site abandoners with products in their cart from both paid and organic traffic sources
- Place on: Site-wide
5. Customer support
Even today some shoppers struggle to complete the online checkout process without outside help. For stores with extensive or complicated checkouts, using an exit popup to offer help at checkout can reduce your cart abandonment rate. This tactic works great for financial site applications and sign-ups.
- Target ads at: Cart and sign-up abandoners from both paid and organic traffic sources
- Place on: Cart pages, checkout pages, sign-up pages
6. Bonus discounts at checkout
Offer a percent-off discount to customers on this or a following purchase.
- Target ads at: Cart abandoners from both paid and organic traffic sources
- Place on: Cart pages, checkout pages
Want to launch a similar campaign? Sign up here!
7. Shipping discount
No matter how low your prices are, many people leave once the shipping cost is added to their bill. Offer a shipping discount or free shipping to fight cart abandonment.
- Target ads at: First-time or repeat visitors who did not make a previous purchase, paid traffic
- Place on: Cart pages, checkout pages
Like this popup? Get a similar one.
2.0. Exit intent pop-ups that generate leads
For every agency to fill the top of your funnel often is a serious hustle. Thus, you might want to use every help you can find – here are exit intent examples that will fill every funnel.
How to generate more email signups
There ain’t no better way to get email signups than exit intent popups.
When you have spent considerable amount of money getting the customer on your page, offering a freebie that later could help to initiate an upsell is exactly how exit intent popups can help to utilize your marketing money.
Need more leads? Create a similar popup!
8. Offering a special deal in exchange for an email address
This tactic can greatly increase your chances of securing an immediate sale. It also allows you to establish a customer relationship through email.
- Target ads at: First time or repeat visitors, social media traffic, paid traffic
- Place on: Homepage, product pages, blog pages, company pages
9. Get more newsletter subscribers
A personalized message in an exit popup can convert more visitors into subscribers.
Target ads at: Repeat visitors, social media traffic, search traffic
Place on: Blog pages, product pages, company pages
Exit intent popups can help to raise interest with different psychological triggers.
One of which – social proof.
With a popup you can immediately show which other friends liked the product or service you are offering.
10. Invite visitors to follow you
This simple tactic allows you to gather new followers on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks. Moreover, people will want to interact with your SM networks if their friends have done the same.
- Target ads at: Repeat visitors, search traffic, paid traffic
- Place on: Landing page, product page, after purchase
3.0. Get visitors’ feedback
Be Lean and stay ahead of the industries trends.
One of the best ways to collect customer feedback is – you guest it, exit intent popups.
11. About your website in general
You can ask visitors to rate your store, its content, and design elements. This is good tactic for new online stores and sites that have problems with high bounce rate.
- Target ads at: First time visitors, search traffic
- Place on: Homepage, product pages
12. Ask their reason for leaving
An option to find out why your visitors are leaving is invaluable!
- Target ads at: First time visitors, repeat visitors, search traffic, paid traffic
- Place on: Landing page, product pages, cart page
13. About customer service
Using exit overlays you can get feedback about your customer service. Find out if your customer service provides the best help possible!
- Target ads at: Repeat visitors, customers
- Place on: Contact page, cart pages, checkout pages
4.0. Exit Offers for mobile phone users
Don’t forget to show Exit Offers for mobile devices – some times it is hard for visitors to find the right info as screen space is limited, but by using Exit Intent you can make sure that they don’t miss the best offers or chance to get a discount, if they finish a purchase.
With more than half traffic coming from mobile phones – exit intent popups on the phone is a must.
Want to improve results from mobile? Get in touch.
5.0. Ready to “exit popup” your game?
All in all, these are not the only options of how to use Exit Intent Popups but it’s a great inspiration to get started.
With a little imagination you can create many different last-second incentives. Our clients use exit popups for content recommendation, e-book offers, short promotional clips, upcoming sale information and much more.
If you want to learn more – ask us anything in the comment section bellow.